A camera is must in an adventurer’s or traveler’s life. It helps to capture the best moments experienced in the life’s journey and at times relive them. A variety of options are available in the market if you are planning to buy a camera.
Instead of going for the high priced GoPro cameras you can look out for alternate choices which deliver the same video and picture quality along with durability and high build quality. Some of the qualities to look for are, video/photo resolutions, whether it’s waterproof, usability in extreme weather conditions, accessories included, etc. Given below are ten of the best cameras available in the market along with its features.
- List of The Top 10 Gopro Alternatives in 2018
List of The Top 10 Gopro Alternatives in 2018
10. AKASO EK7000 Sports Action Camera
The AKASO EK7000 allows you to capture 4K 25fps & 2.7K 30fps videos which are smoother, sharper and feels like real. It also features 12 MP burst photos which can take 30 frames/sec. Single photos and time-lapse can also be taken and the time delay can be set between 0.5 to 60 seconds.
- 170° wide angle lens for photo/video capturing
- Built-in HDMI and Wi-Fi for instant sharing and controlling the camera from a distance
- Remote control for convenience
- Waterproof up to 10 feet
- Can accommodate SD card up to 64 GB
- Long life rechargeable battery of 1050mAh
- Box items: Camera, Remote Control, two batteries, waterproof case, bicycle stand, seven mounts, 2 clips, a helmet mount, protective backdoor, USB cable, AC charger and lens cloth
9. Crosstour Underwater Cam
The Crosstour camera is one of the best cameras perfect for a video shoot on your adventure trips, mountain climbing, cycling skiing and more. The large screen helps in better view, and the 18 multifunctional accessories help to fulfill all your needs.
- Photo and video capturing of 12MP and 1080P (30fps)
- Wide angle lens of 170°
- Waterproof up to 30 meters of depth
- Built-in WiFi which helps to connect to mobile devices and allows to manage the media and also act as a remote
- Two 1050mAh rechargeable batteries
- 2” LCD: more clear videos and pictures
8. AKASO 4K Action Camera
The Akaso’s EK7000SL is a professional sports camera with 4K, 2.7K and 1080P video recording and 12 MP capturing photos. The camera has the features of capturing single photos, burst photos, and time-lapse. The built-in Wi-Fi helps in easy management of the media in the camera.
- 4K 25fps video recording with a 12MP photo capturing
- Wireless Remote Control: a wrist 2.4G remote
- Built-in HDMI and Wi-Fi
- Waterproof up to a depth of 100 feet
- Waterproof case built to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Longer Battery Life with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries
7. FITFORT Sports Camera
With the wonderful camera of Fitfort, you can capture all the awesome moments of your life and share it with your people. It is a perfect product to have while going on hiking, water sports, skiing cycling or any other outdoor activities. Added to the fun, you can also capture underwater experience without any worries about the quality of photo/video.
- Video recording: 4K/25fps, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60fps and 30 fps and 720P/120fps
- Image of 12 MP (30 frames/second)
- Wide angle lens of 170 degrees
- 2 Rechargeable batteries of 1050mAh
- Built-in screensaver settings to save power
- Wireless remote control of 2.4G
- APP control, HDMI, and Wi-Fi: compactable with Android and iOS devices
- Waterproof housing: 100 feet waterproof
6. FITFORT Action Camera
With the Fitfort’s action camera we can relive the moments once experienced through photo and videos. The camera can be used for all types of adventures and under extreme weather conditions.
- 4K HD Video Recording: 4K/25fps, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60fps and 30 fps, and 720P/120fps resolutions
- The image resolution of 12MP
- 170° wide angle lens for more coverage
- 1050mAh Battery
- Saves power with a built-in screensaver
- 2.4G Remote Control which is wireless
- Wi-Fi and APP control
- 30 meters waterproof
- Box items: Camera, remote control, 2 batteries, waterproof case, bicycle stand, 7 mounts, 2 clips, 5 tethers, protective backdoor, USB cable, and lens cloth
5. Campark ACT74 Action Cam
The Campark’s ACT74 delivers super quality 4K videos with the help of a Sony sensor. The mountain accessories help you to mount the cam and capture the moments in all ways possible.
- 4K 30fps video recording
- 16MP photo resolution
- 170-degree wide lens with a wider 2” HD display
- HDMI and Wi-Fi
- Remote control compactable with Android and iOS systems
- Waterproof up to 98 meters of depth
- Box items: Waterproof Case, two Batteries, Back Cover, USB Cable, Handlebar Mount, Fixed base, two Helmet bases, an adapter, 2 base mounts, wiper and wire rope
4. Lightdow LD4000 Camera Kit
The Lightdow’s LD4000 gives an undebatable video/photo experience for the price. It is a high quality built camera which can be used in almost all extreme weather conditions.
- Better quality and vision with NOVATEK Original Chip
- 12 MP photo capture of speeds up to 30 fps
- Video capture of 1080p/30 and 720p/30
- Wide angle lens of 170 degrees
- Durable and waterproof up to 30 meters
- Designed for rough use and to withstand extreme conditions
3. Lightdow LD6000 Camera
The Lightdow camera with the NT96650BG chip is a high-performance camera which delivers high-quality videos and photos. The build quality of the camera allows it to be used in harsh conditions as well.
- Liquid Crystal Display of 2.0LTPS
- 6G wide angle lens of 170° for better coverage
- Videos resolutions: 1080P (1920*1080)30fps, 720P (1280*720)60FPS
- Wide angle photo capture of 12 MP/ 30fps
- Features Time-lapse, anti-shaking, Wi-Fi, App control and an AV out
- Highly durable and waterproof to a depth of 30 meters
2. YI 4K Action Camera
The YI’s sports camera is one of the best cameras available in the market with a simple and elegant design. The simplicity does not affect its features. The camera has 4K video recording with 12MP image resolution.
- Video recording of 4K/30fps, 2.7k/60fps, 1080p/120fps and 720p/240fps
- Photo capture of 12MP resolution
- Built-in Sony IMX377 image sensor
- Advanced stabilization of videos
- Touchscreen UI: High responsive 2.2” LCD touchscreen
1. AKASO Brave Waterproof Camera
The AKASO Brave camera comes with a variety of features like time lapse, loop recording, sound recording, diving mode, car DVR mode, burst photo and much more. The 20 MP camera helps to capture breathtaking, lifelike images.
- Featuring recording of 4K/24fps, 2K/30fps and 1080P/60FPS resolutions
- Photo capturing of 20MP
- 170-degree wide angle lens
- Anti-shaking and optional view angle and LCD screen of 2 inches
- HDMI and Wi-Fi incorporated
- 100 feet waterproof
- Box items: Camera, Remote Control, two 1050mAh Batteries, Waterproof Case, Bicycle Stand, Seven mounts, two clips, helmet mount, bandage, five tethers, protective backdoor, USB cable
The best top ten alternative cameras for GoPro have been selected and given above. Some of the cameras come with extra accessories. You can choose the best one from the above depending on the features and the price of the product.
While going on a trip or to experience something different or special, don’t forget to carry an HD camera with you. If not you might regret it later. If you are planning to buy a camera, go for the best one regarding the picture quality and price, and have an excellent experience.
You Might Also Like:
- Top 10 Best 4k Action Cameras in 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Webcams in 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Best 360 Degree Cameras in 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Camera Monitors in 2018
- Top 10 Best Camera Sliders in 2018 Review